Recipes... prunes with panache...
Caramelised Pumpkin, Prune, Roast Almond, Parsley and Farro Salad with a Smoked Paprika Maple Syrup Dressing
Preparation time: 25 minutes
A delicious accompaniment to BBQ meals or with poultry, game meats, or a piece of pork or lamb.
½ jap pumpkin, diced
100g almonds with skins, roasted & chopped
1 red onion sliced firm
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
½ baby frisee
100g Australian prunes, chopped
1 bunch dill picked of steam
150ml maple syrup
80ml sherry vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp smoked paprika
150ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Make dressing and mix 1/3 over diced pumpkin. Line a flat tray with baking paper and roast for 50min turning once. Cool. Set aside.
2. Boil farro in 2L of salted water for 25min or until cooked. Strain and cool.
3. Strain remaining dressing into jug
4. Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add farro and cooled pumpkin.
5. Add dressing and mix gently.
6. Serve on a platter and add more fresh herbs, dressing and season well with sea salt and fresh pepper
7. For a nice indulgence, sprinkle over fresh ricotta, goat’s cheese or good Persian fetta. A perfect Autumn salad.
Recipe owned by: The Australian Prune Industry Association @ausprunes
Recipe Created by: Nick Gardner, Head Chef of Eschalot, Berrima @the_social_cook @eschalot_restaurant_e2_events
Dish styled by: Lisa Madigan @lisamadigan
Photographs by: Lean Timms @leantimms