Recipes... prunes with panache...
Prune and Ricotta Hotcakes with Orange, Mint and Prune Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes
250g fresh ricotta
3 free range eggs
170g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g Australian Prunes
1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange, Mint and Prune Salad
a few mint leaves
6 Australian prunes
Method for the Hot cakes
1. Using 2 clean, dry bowls, separate the eggs.
2. Combine the yolks, ricotta, milk and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.
4. Whisk the whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
5. Roughly chop the Prunes and fold in gently.
6. Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan and place on medium heat.
7. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each hotcake.
8. Cook for about 2 minutes then flip over and about 1 minute or until cooked through.
9. Transfer to a plate and assemble with the orange and prune salad
For the orange salad – peel and segment the oranges, squeeze the juice out of the rest
Roughly chop the mint and prunes and toss all together.
Recipe owned by: The Australian Prune Industry Association @ausprunes
Recipe Created by: David Campbell, Wharf Rd Restaurant & Bar, Nowra & Hungry Duck, Berry @hungryduckberry
Dish styled by: Lisa Madigan @lisamadigan
Photographs by: Lean Timms @leantimms